This year marks the 25th anniversary of the publishing of the ground breaking work by Stephen R Covey, “The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People“. I have provided comments from the author, who passed away in 2012, in a series of video interviews that I will be sharing with you discussing the book. He is one of the great executive business coaches! This first video covers a few main points.
- Leaders are not born they are made by their actions
- People tend to think they are a product of nature or nuture or a combination of both.
- Changing the belief mentioned in #2 is key to changing where you end up in life
- We are a product of our choices. PERIOD!
- To succeed look to expand the space between stimulus and response
- That “space” is what I call motivation
Enjoy this first video
Watching this video and remembering the impact that this video and the study of other Material by Mr. Covey has clearly had an impact on my life. My 15 Part Video Series “The 15 Keys to Building a Quality Long-Term Organization” has elements of Mr. Covey’s teachings.