Steve Jobs! Those of you that know me well, especially my Executive Business Coaching
Clients have heard me mention Steve Jobs and Apple dozens of times as an example of a manager and company doing things the right way.
Mr. Jobs succeeded in doing many of the core things I believe in very effectively.
- He communicated broadly “Why” Apple is in Business.
- He inspired his employees to care about what happens with the company. Have you ever heard an Apple employee bad mouth the company?
- He put strong competent people around him to supplement his skill set.
- He held people accountable for deliverables (that is the only way Apple could introduce so many products), AND
- The Apple corporate cultural has the greatest Commitment to Continuous Improvement of any technology company in history.
Video From Stanford University
All of what I said is true and wonderful. But today the reason I am sharing with you is I want everyone to hear the story of Steve Jobs’ life from his lips. I encourage all of you to stop and listen to this 15 minute video of Mr. Jobs’ commencement speech at Stanford. There is great inspiration and great lessons to be learned.