I got this Handbook from my cousin and shared it with some close friends. I guess it is just my nature as an executive business coach to communicate uplifting messages.
The reaction to the handbook was so positive I am sharing it with everyone.
Please offer up comments, I want to know what you think! few comments specific to your business at the bottom.
Have a great 2012!
The HANDBOOK for 2012
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants…
- Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
- Make time to pray.
- Play more games
- Read more books than you did in 2011.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
- Sleep for 7 hours…
- Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need…
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree….
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything…
- Spend time w/people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- GOD heals everything.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change…
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come…
- When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
- Value people first and foremost (employees, customers, suppliers). Collectively they will make you successful
- Remember when you point a finger at someone there are 3 fingers pointed back at you
- Leadership is when words and actions match!
- Commit to continuous improvement
- Commitment to innovation to remain on top the next 20 years
This entire list is about YOU committing to make life better. Get it DONE!